At Braven Auto & Metals, we provide full-service metal recycling, auto crushing and baling. We offer a number of services including drop box pick-up and recycling programs for individuals or organizations of any size. With competitive pricing and fast, efficient service, we are here to meet your recycling needs.
At Braven Auto & Metals, we have a simple, yet thorough process when dropping off a car or recycling metal.
For ferrous metals (metals containing iron):
Stop at the scale house with your ID ready. If you are recycling a vehicle, please have ownership documents ready as well.
The scale attendant will take your ID and vehicle ownership documents.
The scale attendant will then check your metal load or verify the VIN and mark your car.
Once given the direction, pull your vehicle or scrap metal load onto the scale to receive your gross weight, then wait for the buzzer.
Once the buzzer sounds, if you are recycling a vehicle, pull forward off of the scale and down onto the deck. The scale attendant will direct you where to drop off your vehicle.
If you are recycling scrap metal, after you hear the buzzer, back up to the scrap pile and unload your metal.
Pull back onto the scale from the opposite direction to get your tare weight, then wait for the buzzer.
Once the buzzer sounds, please park off to the side and approach the scale window to receive your check.
For non-ferrous metals (metals that do not contain iron):
Back up your vehicle to the blue non-ferrous building (please, do not pull into the building).
A non-ferrous attendant will come out to greet you.
The non-ferrous attendant will go over the materials with you and weigh each material separately (please, have your individual materials sorted before arriving).
Once all materials have been weighed, head to the scale house cashier window to receive your check.
If you have any further questions on our recycling process, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Below is a list of items with special circumstances:
- All major components of vehicles need paperwork (if going in drop box, paperwork and VIN must be verified by Braven Auto & Metals before being loaded)
- Motorhomes must be completely gutted (no septic tanks, propane tanks, cabinets, etc.)
- Refrigerators and freezers must have the compressor removed
- Propane tanks must have valves removed or a hole drilled into them
- All barrels must have holes large enough to see into them
- Wood stoves must have bricks removed
- Light fixtures must have ballast removed
- Pieces of railroad are not accepted without permission of the railroad company
- No county property is accepted without permission of the county (guardrails, sewage covers, etc.)
- Steel cable must be cut into sections under four feet
- Paint cans must be washed out; dry paint will not be accepted
- No loose tires
Below is a list of the major component parts for vehicles that will require paperwork:
Any material that does not meet the rules of our accepted materials guidelines will be refused and/or sent back. Continued violation of these rules will result in termination of future business.
Major Component Parts RCW 46.80.010 (4) and / or WAC 308-63-070 (7) Major component part includes at least each of the following vehicle parts (also see definition of “core”):
- Engines and short blocks
- Frame, any amount of frame requires signed title documentation.
- Transmission and / or transfer case
- Cab and / or deck lid
- Front or rear differential
- Front or rear clip
- Quarter panel
- Truck bed or box
- Bucket seat
- Catalytic converter
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer pick-up services for cars?
Yes, give us a call and we can give you a quote and schedule a date and time for pickup.
What types of metals do you take?
We have the capacity to take both ferrous and non-ferrous metals alike. We also have a drop box service for your convenience. You can find our in-depth material guidelines above.
Do you pay for metals?
Yes! If you bring us your metals, we will pay you for them. Pricing on metals depends on the current state of the industry. If you want to know exactly how much your specific metal is worth, call us at (425) 334-3366.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Come visit us at 2315 N. Machias Road, Lake Stevens, WA 98258.
Do you do property cleanups?
Yes, we do. We have the right equipment for any job. We also have state-of-the-art crushing and baling equipment. Reach out to us at (425) 334-3366 or message us on Facebook to schedule a cleanup on your property.